- Early Start: Picked up Aussie and Rosco for day training – went on a quick walk in their neighborhood. Camp Dogs enjoyed the new scenery.
- Wednesday’s are field trip days – today we went to the park and worked on sitting on different surfaces and paying attention with distractions.
- Dropped off for the weekend Cashew and Lulu who participate in private lessons. Also being dropped off Will, who is joining us for Camp Works for 3 weeks
- Class at 1p with Bliss – this was Bliss’ 3rd class – today he was a bit agitated, he sprayed my leg and shoe, nipped my thigh, and struggled performing…..all because I brought out some training tools (cones)! So I showed his owner how to do some counter conditioning techniques and build Bliss’ confidence up.
- Class at 3p – Ellie participates in Intermediate Obedience classes and is doing better on her stays and distractions.
TIP/TRICK: If your dog seems agitated or stressed during training – try to identify the stressor and then use counter conditioning in a positive light to help your dog get over what is agitating him/her.