It’s just another MANIC Monday!
- Early start; a brisk morning walk around to the park 3 blocks away – then a training session for 20 minutes each
- Monday is massage day; each of the camp dog’s is brushed, cradled, and rubbed down during down stays
- Mid-day I meet with a private client; Chilpa a German Shepherd who doesn’t always like other dogs – TODAY Chilpa and Camp Counselor Qyain worked out together at a park close to her house.
- Afternoon paces work on introducing new commands for the week and practice the ones we already know
- Meet with Service Dog Arthur today at Aurora Town Center to work on Public Access Training
- Send Home Camp Dog ROCKY today
- Late evening I meet with a few more private clients; Bumper is on week 4
- Scout has his final class this week – then hoping to see him follow up in group classes where he really needs the practice.
TIP/TRICK: Attitude is Everything – The way you feel affects your dog and how he will respond to your training. Keep this in mind when you are frustrated or tired. Always end training on a good note.