Dog Training in Denver
Beaver Brook Trail is a great trail for you and your dog. The Beaver Brook Trail is a strenuous, 3.6 mile hike on the south rim of Clear Creek Canyon Denver that will take about 3 hours to complete.
A few tips for hiking with your dog:
- Hydrate your dog prior to the hike and often during the hike
- Check your dog’s pads; terrain can affect a dog’s pads especially when they aren’t used to rocks, gravel, dirt, or even asphalt. You can use booties or simply give them a “bagbalm” treatment
- If your dog has lots of energy; outfit him with a doggie pack and he can pack in his own water, poop bags, first aid, and snack
- Take a few rest periods along the trail if you and your dog are new to hiking
- Pack a Snack!
- Be respectful of others on the trail – pack your leash and follow all leashing and curbing laws
- Leave No Trace!
Remember that Denver is a mile high and if you are new to the area this can affect both you and your dog. Check with your veterinarian to be sure your dog is healthy enough for strenuous exercise and if not, build up to this trail as its one of the best ones to enjoy with your dog.