February 22, 2011
Camp Works Dog: Bella
Client’s Name: Peggy A.
Dogs Name: “Bella”
City: Denver, CO
Breed: Mixed – Heinz 57!
Likes: being the center of attention, is a lover, loyal but jealous
Pet-Peeves: when other’s get more attention
Favorite Toy: ball or frisbee
Favorite Walk: likes going to the dog park and running around
Best Trick: Camp Counselor “Qyain” says I need to learn better manners, not to pull my owners when we are walking and to come when I’m called.
Arrival Story: I came to Camp because my mom’s thought it was time for me to learn to be obedient, have manners and learn to respect them.
Bio: I’m 1 years old and After I was rescued by my mom’s I was spoiled and allowed to do whatever I wanted. I am at Camp learning manners, basic and advanced obedience, and socialization.
Motto: “You, Me and Everything”
We proudly feed and recommend
Michele Forto | Team Ineka | Alaska Dog Works | Mushing Radio | Dog Works Radio | Denver Dog Works | Daily Post
Michele Forto is the lead trainer for Denver Dog Works and Alaska Dog Works and the host of the popular radio shows, Mush! You Huskies and Dog Works Radio Shows
February 22, 2011
It’s just another MANIC Monday!
- Early start; a brisk morning walk around to the park 3 blocks away – then a training session for 20 minutes each
- Monday is massage day; each of the camp dog’s is brushed, cradled, and rubbed down during down stays
- Mid-day I meet with a private client; Chilpa a German Shepherd who doesn’t always like other dogs – TODAY Chilpa and Camp Counselor Qyain worked out together at a park close to her house.
- Afternoon paces work on introducing new commands for the week and practice the ones we already know
- Meet with Service Dog Arthur today at Aurora Town Center to work on Public Access Training
- Send Home Camp Dog ROCKY today
- Late evening I meet with a few more private clients; Bumper is on week 4
- Scout has his final class this week – then hoping to see him follow up in group classes where he really needs the practice.
TIP/TRICK: Attitude is Everything – The way you feel affects your dog and how he will respond to your training. Keep this in mind when you are frustrated or tired. Always end training on a good note.